When creating video content we can get really self conscious about how we look and what people will say about us. You start to question yourself about your appearance!
Am I wearing the right clothes?
Is my hair done right?
Does my makeup look good?
One of the ways I boost my self confidence on camera is having a Go-To makeup routine that I do myself! That's right, no professional makeup for me!
Now the makeup routine I have for filming isn't my "everyday makeup" because lets be honest, my every day makeup is NO MAKEUP! But when the time comes to film my videos I put effort into my makeup.
I understand as a solopreneur, side hustler, mom, business owner, etc. we don't have a lot of time to mess with our makeup. That's why I really advocate batching filming your videos. This way you only have to do your hair and makeup one day a month!
But today I wanted to show you the exact products I use and how I do my makeup for my videos. It's not a super long process, maybe 30 - 40 minutes to do my makeup for filming.
Check out the video below!
Key Take Aways:
- Lighting will wash out your skin color so go a little heavier with your makeup
- Having a nice lip color just makes you pop on video
- If you are a guy look into buying some pressed powder to avoid any shiney-ness on camera
- Make it your own process and something you are comfortable with!
- Let me know what makeup you struggle with most OR what are some of your favorite makeup products in the comments section below
- Get started with your first video by stealing my exact video script template I use for every single video! It helps me stay on track in my video and makes filming easier because I already know what I'm going to say!